SMC, in partnership with GfK Verein, the foundation arm of the global market research giant GfK, is fostering the development of market and social research in Nigeria. To actualize this aim, the GfK center is offering a new programme, the Certificate in Market and Social Research.
Click to register| Click to download brochure
The Certificate in Market and Social research (MSR) is intended to meet the growing need in the country for a more data-driven business and social process. It will provide high quality instruction in the profession of market and social research. The innovative curriculum of the programme is industry - focused and will be delivered by an international faculty which includes GfK experts and specially trained SMC faculty.
1. To develop an understanding of market and social research including research design and methodologies.
2. To impart skills in how to execute field studies in MSR, translate data into findings and report findings.
3. To instruct participants in the use of social media in market and social research.
4. To imbue students with the ethical dimensions of market and social research as a means of acquiring the culture of professionalism and personal integrity.
5. To optmize participants’ understanding of the culture and values of their organizations.
Expected Outcomes and Benefits
At the end the programme, participants would
- Have industry-ready professional knowledge and skills as market and social researchers
- Qualify to apply for Full Membership of the UK Market Research Society
- Join the SMC Alumni and Knowledge Network
Six months (inclusive of 30 days classroom session and six weeks internship)
27 May - 18 October, 2014
N480,000 per participant.
- Brand managers/sales executives
- Marketing executives/managers
- Community relation managers
- Social workers
- Public Relation managers/executives
- Business Development managers/executives
- Market Research Analysts
- CSR managers
Fundamentals of Marketing
Introduction to Market Research
Quantitative Research Methodology
Qualitative Research Methodology
Reporting Research Findings
Professional and Market Research Ethics
Statistics in Market And Social Research
Consumer Panel Research
"International quality right here in Nigeria! This is simply how I describe the Marketing and Social Research Programme (MSR) at School of Media and Communication (SMC), Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos. The modules were covered in depth by renowned academics and industry experts within and outside Nigeria. It was truly a great learning experience. I strongly recommend the programme to all prospective and current business managers" - Seyi Gansallo
"The Marketing and Social Research (MSR) Programme at School of Media and Communication (SMC), Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos, for me is a life changer. This is because it prepared me beyond the market research industry and gave me broad insights into marketing and branding in particular.
The learning environment also made it an awesome and unique experience. I will recommend it to anyone who wants to make a career in the research industry or who plans on being able to make facts-backed decisions in the fast paced world of FMCGs" - Adegboyega Ajayi
"The programme was an excellent platform for deeper understanding of the best ways to gain insights for business growth". Idongesit Mbat
“This was a pleasurable learning experience: the depth and breadth of the courses; the robust knowledge and experiences of the facilitators; as well as the conducive environment made studying research quite exciting for me.” Femi Adeyemo
ENQUIRIES AND REGISTRATION
Obinna - 07038211009
Click to register | Click to download brochure